Monday, July 27, 2009

We've stayed BUSY!

So in the last couple weeks we have stayed pretty busy. Between swim days, birthday parties, our 9th Anniversary, and so on it just never seems to stop! But I enjoy it VERY much! Okay so here are some pictures of some of the things we've been up to...

Here's Raegan dressing up with all her jewels and enjoying her new vanity from cousin Jordan!


This is the kids after celebrating Mommy & Daddy's 9th Anniversary at El Torito! Yummy food and fun times :D


That weekend we went to the OC Fair with our friends. We had SO much fun!!! The kids enjoyed looking at all the animals, looking at all the neat fruits and vegitables growing and comparing them to what is trying to grow here at our house;) , Raegan recieved her first application of lipstick from "auntie" Karie (Daddy was obviously not watching:) , playing games, winning a new fish and Ryan even went on rides (not just any rides...roller coasters) all by HIMSELF!!! What a big boy. He is normally my bashful one who is super cautious and not out going. SO proud of him. Poor Raegan is just too small still. Which is completely okay with Mommy!


So in between all of these events we have been having fun doing other thing in which I did not have my camera ready for like Ryan being completely POTTY TRAINED!!! He has not worn a diaper or pull up in about 3 weeks. He is doing SO awesome with that. I am even able to leave the bathroom while he's pooping now;)

Then there was the moment of "OH NO!!!" I went through today. Ryan and I went out back to water the plants. Raegan had gotten in trouble as we were walking out and had to go to time out. Then a couple minutes later Ryan needed to go potty so I went to open the slider to take him potty and...the door is LOCKED! I tried to talk her through unlocking the door, I went around the house looking for any unlocked window or door...nothing! So I went back to trying to talk to her through the double paned slider. Then I just realized "this is NOT working!" Thankfully I had actually gotten dressed before going out back to water this morning. I took Ryan half dressed next door to the neighbors with me to (embarassing enough as it was) borrow their phone. Then I wondered who do I call? The fire dept. or my husband. I chose Daddy. He didn't have much to say other than "Are you serious?!?! I guess I have to come home?!" So I went back to the backyard to keep watch over Raegan through the slider while we waited for Daddy to drive home from Anaheim. As I was watching her I realized how sad this whole thing was. She was just staring at me with these discusting boogies running down into her mouth with her "motnie" (blankie) calling my name. Then I didn't want her to be scared so I was smiling, laughing and playing with her (through the slider;). There were a few times she wandered away from my view and freaked me out. But finally, 40 minutes later Daddy got home and came through the front door and completely shocked Raegan. Needless to say I got the spare key lecture and Raegan was taught, by Daddy, how to unlock the back door (not too sure how I feel about that actually). You know, this was a pretty stressful situation but I was blown away at how calm I stayed. The Lord was totally with me and reassuring me that nothing bad is going to happen and that I would look back and giggle at this later. Thank You Lord!!!

No comments: